Senior Web Developer
Off Campus Partners is seeking a bright, experienced web developer to design, build, and scale our off-campus housing listing software. You will need a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, as well as experience designing and developing scalable applications. This is a unique opportunity for someone with the passion and skills to "own" the web development function of a fast-growing company and develop new features to position the company for further growth.
- Develop, program, test, and maintain front and back-end enhancements to our existing software based on evolving business requirements.
- Candidate will need to be comfortable adding front end functionality to applications with an eye for user interface requirements.
- Customize and integrate OCP platform into university websites, including single sign-on integration (Shibboleth, CAS, LDAP) using SimpleSAML.
- Maintain existing QA procedures; introduce new QA initiatives to ensure flawless services.
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate new technologies to enhance site performance.
- Manage all aspects of the IT infrastructure, including hosted servers. Must be familiar with all aspects of the LAMP environment. Manage and ensure server scalability/redundancy and overall IT security infrastructure.
- Mentor fellow developers
- Provide input and estimates to management team discussions about new products, services, and business opportunities to pursue. Create and deliver on development plans and schedules to roll out new services.
- 6+ years professional programming experience
- Experience building large, maintainable systems and web apps
- Agile development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience designing and coding high performance, scalable systems based on business requirements
- Excellent development, testing, and debugging principles; extreme attention to detail
- Mastery of Git or similar version control system
- Ability to work effectively in group settings, as well as individually
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and reliable
- Efficient in an environment of constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
About Off Campus Partners:
Off Campus Partners operates the official off-campus housing website for 70 colleges and universities around the country—and growing. We provide apartment communities and management companies targeted marketing to universities' off-campus housing markets by listing their properties on the university website. Universities select Off Campus as their exclusive outsourcing partners, embed their software within the university website, and promote the service to students, parents, and faculty/staff. We sell property managers an annual subscription to list their communities on the site. Our committed, talented team of professionals has a lot of fun at work and thrives on the fast pace of our growing business.
Our primary front-end users are a developer's dream: college students and parents who are quick to adopt the newest features and technologies we can offer. To see our service in action, visit the University of Florida Off-Campus Housing site at http://housing.offcampus.ufl.edu.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.